Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC/DC problem...continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

from https://www.electro-tech-online.com...hematic-diagram-for-the-toshiba-284r8w.12967/

Wave 1 is a DC.
When the CRO is set to AC, the dc wave is shown by clamping the RMS value of the AC componemts to the ground line(or the 0 on Y axis ie. along the X Axis.).

Wave 2 is an AC.
It should have been shown as is...except that the -ve voltage would be in the -ve Y dirction on the CRO.

Wave 3 is a DC.
So like wave 1. It would be displayed by clamping the RMS value on the X axis.

Wave 4 is a DC.
So like wave 1 and 3. It would be displayed by clamping the RMS value on the X axis.

So wave 1 3 and 4 shall appear similar on the scope...

So I believe that to show a wave similar to the one on the CRO, a step voltage is required.

I say this assuming that the above CRO is capable of showing small negetive direction voltages...Since the RMS value may be small owing to the 2% duty cycle...

Any flaws ?

I just could not wait for TheOne to give out the answers... :oops: He intended to do it after 100 votes...a far cry. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back