Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC-DC Power Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Hi,

Does anyone know of a place to buy power adapters such as the one pictured below? They would need to be the plug shape for UK sockets and probably supply about 10v.

**broken link removed**

Also, does anyone know a possible reason why my power adapters I have at the moment give out more than they should: one rated for 12v gives almost 20v and another rated for 3.7v gives just under 9v.

Thanks,

Hi,

Does anyone know of a place to buy power adapters such as the one pictured below? They would need to be the plug shape for UK sockets and probably supply about 10v.

**broken link removed**

Also, does anyone know a possible reason why my power adapters I have at the moment give out more than they should: one rated for 12v gives almost 20v and another rated for 3.7v gives just under 9v.

Thanks,
hi,
Maplins sell wall adaptors.

The reason for the high voltages is due to poor quality transformers and unregulated voltages.
They will be high off load.
Try loading and remeasure.

You can get regulated adaptors, the nearest voltage you can probably get is 9V which should work.

when you put 220v on a 120v transformer it could fry or double the rated output.
I think you have a 120v transformer hooked to 220v

Hosfelt.com, look under "adaptors".

I have a small cheap 9V/200mA AC/DC adapter.
Its output is 19VDC without a load. Its output is 9.2VDC with a 200mA load when it gets hot.

My bigger 9V/500mA AC/DC adapter has an output of 11.3V without a load.
Its output is 9.0V with a 500mA load. It never gets hot.

And you can put 1N400x diodes in series with the output until the voltage is low enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back