Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC/DC adaptor for balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantStorm

Really hope someone can help, been trawling internet all night. Sorry if this isn't quite the right place I've stumbled on. I have been given an electronic balance with a busted ac/dc adaptor and I'm looking to find a replacement. The problem is it has a full size 5-pin 240 degree DIN connector and I can't find a replacement anywhere. The balance manufacturer only seems to supply to commercial accounts and also looks like it would be minimum of £100 from them.

The only information on the adaptor is as follows:

Typ A7-1174-4001

Prim 230V 50/60Hz T40/E
Sek: +11V 330mA 3,6 VA
+19V 140mA 2,7 VA
-21V 25mA 0,5 VA

I've attached a bit of a blurry photo (sorry, only got phone to hand).

Can anyone help with sourcing an adaptor like this (pref UK) or help with what type of adaptor I could buy and if I could then take the existing DIN and get it soldered in by a friend?

I know I sound completely clueless - I kinda am. This stuff isn't my field at all. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0014..jpg
    IMG_0014..jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 708
Sorry, buy I don't think you'll be able to buy a replacement.

Your best bet is to build your own power supply but you need to know how to solder and have some electronic experience.

The trouble is you need to know which pin on the DIN connector is connected to which voltage and you can't figure this out through trial and error because if you get it wrong, it might damage the balance.

As Hero said, you will probably have to make your own out of two or three small transformers. If you posted the make and model of the balance in the title of a new post, someone out there might have one and tell you the voltage/pin-out for the connector. Not too likely, but worth a shot. ;)

Ken

Except I'd use a single mains adaptor with an AC output, a rectifier, smoothing capacitor, different voltage regulators to get different positive voltages and a voltage doubler with another regulator to get the negative voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back