Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Circuit Analysis - Looking for Example Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd

I was wondering if anyone has any links to sites with AC circuit analysis questions? I have a mid semester exam at uni in a couple of days and I've done all the tutorial questions we have been given. There's not much else to practise.

It's steady state (not transient), AC circuit (RLC) analysis with phasors, including:
• Superposition Principle
• Norton/Thevenin Theorems
• Source Transformation
• Independent voltage and current sources only (no dependent ones)

A typical question might have a 1-2 sources (voltage, current or both), a couple of resistors, inductors and capacitors and ask us to find the voltage or current through an element, or draw equivalent circuits, etc.

It's not too hard, but I want more practice to get the speed up, as we don't get much time in the exam. I've googled, but haven't found anything too useful.

If anyone could give me some links to practice problems, that would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Edd,
When I was a student, I used the book

Electric Circuits by Joseph A Edminster

It is one of the Schaum's outline series.

It has 350 solved problems.

It covers the issues you have asked about.

It should be in your uni library.

I've scanned & attached 2 pages as an exmple.

Page 144 shows some solved problems.

Page 151 shows supplementry problems where only the answers are given.

Attachments

• Page 144..gif
    Page 144..gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 935
  • Page 151..gif
    Page 151..gif
    79 KB · Views: 606
Thanks heaps for going to the trouble of scanning those pages.

They are somewhat easier than what we've been doing in tutorials, but then again we're also told that the exam will be easier than the tutorial questions. All practice is good practice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back