Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC and DC Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUE_CHIP

Hello,

I am making a teasmaid as a project. Part of the system uses a solenoid valve which requires 26V AC where as the solenoid control circuit requires 6V DC. I am trying to come up with a simple power transformation solution. Ideally I would like mains directly into the device and to split it within the device, transforming and rectifying one whilst only transforming the other. Should I make my own transformers or are there good cheap ones I could incorporate in my system?

Any help on this issue would be most appreciated.

Never make a transformer if you don't have to. They require specialized knowledge and equipment to make properly.

There are likely many transformers available that will generate the voltages and current you need. Also could probably do it with wall-wort type power supplies. Just need to specify the voltage and current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back