Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC adaptors exchange.assistance needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi_d

i have an AC adaptor..
input AC100v//50/60hz//190mA...
output DC13v//150mA..
this powers a desktop charging unit...
input 13.8VDC//50mA/150mA...
output 3.6-9.6VDC//50mA/150mA
this charging unit is for a ni-mh battery pack 3.6v/500mAh..
i have mains power supply of 240v and i have an AC adaptor replacement to use instead of the 100v supplied..i want to check that this adaptor is suitable and safe..
AC adaptor...
input AC240v//50hz200mA
output 13.5v//1800mA//24.3 VA
i was not confident with the answers given by the assistant selling me the replacement adaptor..
accurate advice essential and greatly appreciated

It's input voltage (240vac) is good, the output 13.5V is ok, and it's certainly powerfull enough with its 1800mA...

It should work, the only thing you have to mind is the output plug (the one that comes out of the adaptor into your charging unit).
Some of em have the negative lead on the outside, positive on the inside, and some have it the other way around...

you should make sure it is the same as your old adapter. + and - connections are normally printed on the cover somewhere, if not, you'll have to measure it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back