Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac adapter wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.

psykon4ut

I have a PetSafe underground fence im trying to fix. My problem is that i have the radio box and the transformer but the wire that connects the transformer(Power Supply) to the box is missing. The adapter apparently had a detatchable cord. one end of the cord is supposed to have a 4 pin mini-din connector. The transformer is a 120vac to 12vac 850mw , it only has 2 leads. What im trying to do is connect the 2 leads to an old S-video cord which i cut one end off of but im not sure which wires to connect to which? there is a red wire a white wire and a black wire and a yellow wire. With the cord plugged into the box, using an ohm meter i get almost no resistance between red and white. the other two have a very high resistance between red, and white. Any ideas?

***Edit** oh and the black and yellow wires each go through seperate fuses in the circuit if that helps? suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back