Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/general-electronics-chat/121839-about-transformers

will such kinda circuits boost current as well as voltage? For example i hav a 12v 5 amp transformer and i want boost it to 24V 5amps!! Is it possible? (not a thread hijacking but a lil doubt pls)

will such kinda circuits boost current as well as voltage? For example i hav a 12v 5 amp transformer and i want boost it to 24V 5amps!! Is it possible? (not a thread hijacking but a lil doubt pls)

hi Z,

Power out = (Power in * transfer efficiency)

So 24v * 5A not equal to 12V * 5A

Last edited:
Ziddik: you're not going to like this, and it's not meant as an insult, but you really have no business at this point fooling around with electronics.

You need to learn basic electrical principles. You know, all that boring stuff like Ohm's law, how to calculate power, etc.

Otherwise, you're just shooting in the dark.

Ziddik: you're not going to like this, and it's not meant as an insult, but you really have no business at this point fooling around with electronics.

You need to learn basic electrical principles. You know, all that boring stuff like Ohm's law, how to calculate power, etc.

Very true.

JimB

I tried a gentle approach in post 37 & 39 to no avail. :) I believe you summed it up there CZ.

Ron

very true.. But i want an answer for what i have asked.. I am not here to hear ur "age-old advises".. Stay away from the replies if u cant replay something helpful ..

Ziddik, you are getting replies and explanations. The "age-old advises" have been there and done that. The problem is you choose not to listen unless the reply seems to suit you and because you insist on starting in the middle you can't grasp the explanations. The age old advisers as you choose to call them bring both years of wisdom and experience to the table. Anyway, I will refrain from replies.

Ron

i did't mean it as an insult but sometimes that cz kid is a bit rudish although he did't say anything now.. And i don't like it at all.. Its not to hurt anyone but just saying what i understood of some ppl here.. And reloadron, u are right and u are a helping man.. Sorry for what i said

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back