Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about ph meter amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sollazzo87

hi,

this is my first message.

i'm trying to read ph using a microcontroller, and i read this topic (that now is locked, so i'm creating a new thread here) https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/ph-amplifier-for-micro.41430/

i don't understand if the schematic is correct:

watching the last schematic posted on that topic, TL084's pin 3 is + or - ? and same, pin 2 is + or -? because i took a look on pdf too, and pcb layout is not equal to the schematic.
beside it seems that pcb layout of RV1 component is wrong too.

i re-write the circuit using eagle cad (you can find files on attachments), but i don't know if it's correct.

could anyone help me to resolve it please?

sorry for my weak, but i don't speak it very well.

best regards,

alessandro

Attachments

• ph.zip
    60.9 KB · Views: 183
  • pcb.png
    pcb.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 649
  • schematic.png
    schematic.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 535
IMHO the schematic is wrong. I suspect IC2A is supposed to be an inverting amplifier, so R4 and R5 should connect to the inverting input (pin 2), and R6 and R7 should connect to the non-inverting input (pin 3).
I don't see anything wrong with the connections shown for RV1 (which is establishing a reference voltage buffered by unity-gain stage IC2D) in the schematic.
I haven't checked the pcb layout or the cad files.

hi,
I would agree with 'alec' that OPA should be inverting.

thank you very much.

looking the original schematic posted by richard.c, i noticed that was my fault about pin 2 and 3 of IC2A (i inverted them while designing it). i've just fixed that.

last question:

when i wrote RV1, i meant RV6.

in richard's original schematic, pin 2 of RV6 is connected to R3 and pin 1 to C3, but then in PCB layout he inverted them (pin 2 to C3 and pin 1 to R3) as you can see in attachment. which one is correct? pcb or layout?
sorry but i'm newbie in electronics: i'm starting to study it reading books and stuff, but it's still soon :)

Attachments

• pbc-sch.png
    pbc-sch.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 327
hi,
The change on pin2 and 1 will not affect the circuit,

Richard may have reversed them so that when the pot is turned say CW, it will change the resistance in the required way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back