Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About nylon braided cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilly

My headphones set uses (according to https://www.headphoneworld.com/p/Skullcandy_Agent_White-Chrome_Headphones.htm) nylon braided cables. Not knowing this, and assuming... I dont actually know what, a moment of madness, I cut the cable and and attempted to wire it to another cut wire of a similar sort. Needless to say, my attempt failed.

I was wondering whether the cable can be fixed, or would it be cheaper/easier to just buy a new set?

I'd be glad for a pointer in the right direction...
~an ignorant teenager

My headphones set uses (according to Skullcandy Agent White-Chrome Headphones – HeadphoneWorld.com - Products) nylon braided cables. Not knowing this, and assuming... I dont actually know what, a moment of madness, I cut the cable and and attempted to wire it to another cut wire of a similar sort. Needless to say, my attempt failed.

I was wondering whether the cable can be fixed, or would it be cheaper/easier to just buy a new set?

I'd be glad for a pointer in the right direction...
~an ignorant teenager

Buy news ones - very often such cables are extra flexible, and you can't solder them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back