Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about multvibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
there is something i dont understand its about my astable multivibrator I've build.when i put npn transistors in it's correctly way leds flashing at low speed,and when i change one transistor and put it's collector to emmiter, and it's emmiter to collector and the base remain in it's right connection leds begin to flash at high speed. I try to figure it out but i cant understand why.

"a picture paints a thousand words"

or in this case a circuit diagram before and after your change please

Transistors do work reverse connected, they are NPN or PNP, so whichever way round you connect the emitter and collector it still has the same junctions. However, they don't work anywhere near as well the wrong way round - this probably explains the speed difference.

Try measuring their gain either way round, you can easily do this with a multimeter on current range and a couple of resistors - or your multi-meter might even do it directly?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back