Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About LG power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

hispeck

Hi mate,
Am happy to be part of you guys i need help on the psu, this LG tv came to me with green light after powered on but no back light no sound no image, i opened and saw that the psu output of 19v 12v 3.4v 6v and 24v was missing only stb 5v was there the main board is OK, i attached then picture of the psu, the tv model is 32lc7r-tb please any help is welcome
thenks
hispeck

Attachments

• 2015-10-21 18.33.36.jpg
    2015-10-21 18.33.36.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 381
Big cap in the middle has spewn out toxic electrolyte on the left. Replace it with equivalent or better. Replace the other beside it while you are at it.

Big cap in the middle has spewn out toxic electrolyte on the left.

It's not a very good picture, but it doesn't look like that to me - more like glue on the board holding components in place.

However, electrolytics on the secondary side that have gone high ESR is apparently a common fault on LG sets, as (like Samsung) they tend to use cheap sub-standard ones.

Replace all the electro caps , with 'good ' components . the white blob is just glue .

Sorry guys, the picture is an old one i have already replaced the bad cap before sending posting, the only thing i did not do was to replace the second cap, concerning the schematic sent to me, i have that model but it is not the same with it appears to different, i just need schematic for 32lc7r-tb
thanks in advance
hispeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back