Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About LCD 20x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

What is the difference between a 14-pin 20x4 LCD and a 16-pin 20x4 LCD? If I want to use only 14 pins on a 16-pin 20x4 LCD, can I ignore the extra 2 pins on the 16-pin 20x4 LCD?

PS: Sorry it sounds abit confuse :oops:

Normally the two extra pins are for backlight. You can use the LCD without backlight if you choose.

For the 16-pin 20x4 LCD display diagram as below, which is pin 1? Start from the left hand side OR right hand side?

Attachments

• 20x4_lcd.jpg
    20x4_lcd.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 779
I have a 16x4 similar to your picture and pin 1 is on the left as you look at it.To be sure,follow the tracks from the backlight back to the connectors ,they will be 15&16 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back