Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about interfacing camera with micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiren1992

hiii...............

actually, i have camera of mobile sony ericsson w810i which is knc 201..

but problem is i don't know pin configuration of knc 201 camera...
i try to search on google , but i fail to find it....

so , can any help me to find pin cnfiguration of camera knc 201....

i attached image of camera...
try it plzz....
thnx....in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0659.JPG
    IMG_0659.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 470
That is just a raw sensor module, you can't interface this directly to a micro controller, driver circuitry for actually reading the cmos sensor is not present at the actual sensor.

Pretty much means you can't use it.

Last edited:
You'll have better luck looking up the schematics for your phone and in there you'll find a pinout for the camera. but as Sceadwian said, you'll need the driver circuitry.
Maybe you could remove the components used for driving the camera and create your own PCB for it. you might need to sniff the signals on the phone itself before you remove the components as I doubt you'll ever find the datasheet for the camera sensor.

but that is problem.........i cant't find schematics of this phone .... and i try to find datasheet and ant other imformation , but there is no datasheet on net..........

sceadwian:- but there are 30 pins behind this camera and thus ,, i can directly connect it with microcontroller....so final problem is of this 30 pin......so help me on that way......

Hi hiren192,

Without technical data on the sensor, it will not be possible to use it. If you really want to do a camera project, you would be better off in the long run to buy a well-documented chip set, and build your camera around it. This is not really a project for a newb. I tried to build a camera about 15 years ago from scratch, with only partial success.

PS: A good project for your micro controller would be to interface an inexpensive webcam, using USB. Still not easy, but with at least a chance of success.

hiren, those are not digital pins, they can not be interfaced directly to a micro controller no matter how badly you want to, they would have to be interfaced to a controller that can provide the proper output voltages and read and process the analog signals that come back from the cmos sensor, given you have no documentation of any kind and no prospects to find any this is nothing something you can do. Despite what you may think, cmos image modules are NOT digital devices.

sony w810i camera module inerfacing

hi, am a beginner i want to interface a sony ericson w810i camera module with arm7 processor.
there was a similar post in 2011 and many said that we need a driver circuitry, finally i found a circuit related to it. i have attached that image, any one refer to that image and clarify me whether that circuit is enough to interface it with arm7.
-Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sonyw810i.png
    sonyw810i.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 674
thanks for giving me information about raspberry pi. Right now am in confusion do we have any indication to know which is the first pin and which is the 30 th pin of this camera module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back