Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About fiber optic link for voice signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishandpande

Hey, hello everybody!!Can anyone tell me about, how can one use 'Pulse width modulation' for audio signal transmission over a fiber optic link??.I am a undergraduate student and trying to take a miniproject in optical communication.I am stuck up with the fact that LED should glow with the pulse modulated output and this light should contain audio information.How to demodulate the signal the signal at the receiver?is there any specific IC available for mod-demod process???...plz help.

well i guess audio can also be digitized. what you're saying is possible. you better ask experts rather than muggs...

You should really be using PCM. **broken link removed**

You can use PWM, though.

If you look at some class D amplifiers, you can see how PWM is converted back to audio which is basically passing the PWM through a low pass filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back