Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A2D pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

Im new to analog to digital and I just wanted some clarification. For A2D, can I use any analog pin on the pic, for example on my pic:

**broken link removed**

Can I use any of the port A pins? Because im not using the comparator, I only need the 1 wire connection to the analog device, I dont need any extra pins or anything?

Last edited:
Hi,

Im new to analog to digital and I just wanted some clarification. For A2D, can I use any analog pin on the pic, for example on my pic:

**broken link removed**

Can I use any of the port A pins? Because im not using the comparator, I only need the 1 wire connection to the analog device, I dont need any extra pins or anything?

Hi,

The simple answer for that chip is Yes.

However be aware that not all Pic chips allow you to select any A2D port as you can on the F88.
Many other chips only allow you to enable the Analogue function in a strict sequence.
See the ADCON1 register in the 16F877 datasheet.

Also be aware that you may need to use the Vref+ & - pins for more complex A2D work.

Nigels A2D Assembler Tutorial will still give you a good idea of the function of the A2D port; he does also show the hardware for using a voltage reference and an op amp buffer, though neither are needed for many simple analogue sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back