Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A word on transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the dangers of high voltage to the human body. Other than being an engineering student, I was quite talented in biology (represented the state quite a few times in competitions) but got thrown into engineering because I suck at maths.

Anyways, I think that 240v DC is much more safer than 240v AC (ok, that was too obvious) and I'm quite certain the guinea pig, er..., "tester" is in good health and excellent physical condition with no history of heart-related problems.

I still need the timer thing figured out, though.

Yeah...bit silly about the 240v DC comment...had a mate who blew two fingers off while working on an inverter, didn't kill him but he gave off "a bit of a smell" and will never play the ukulele again!.

Sounds like you need the guts out of one of those cheap camera's, the part that triggers the flash has a xenon tube kicker.This would safely deliver all the jollies your mates could handle without blowing the bum out of their trousers???

It's all good till somebody gets hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back