Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A VHDL/VLSI Programmer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish2345

Hi Friends

I am from India and doing Bachelor in Technology in Electronics and communication and in pre final year,.I have done short term course in VHDL chip design and is interested in pursuying further in field of FPGA/VLSI. This forum contains good experts.can anyone suggest me regarding this .you can take me for a beginner.i have knowledge of micrprocessor 8085 microcontroller and assembly language programming

thanks a lot
please reply
warm regards

Ashish

i agree that FPGA based designing is very interesting. if your institution is offering advanced courses then you should attend them as well.

previous experience of 8085 assembly is a good thing but it wont help you in programming FPGAs. FPGAs are a totally different breed. i would recommend you to buy a starter level FPGA development board like the Spartan 3 Starter Kit from Digilent or the Altium LiveDesign Evaluation Kit. learn FPGA based designing and have fun.

oh and by the way, an FPGA is programmed using a JTAG interface (the above mentioned boards have this functionality on-board)

i hope that helps.

thanks a lot

thanks a lot sir for your good reply
can you tell me any good website for learning FPGA programming.
isn't that VHDL /VERILOG USED IN DESIGNING .I HAVE FOLLWED DOUGHLES PARRY for vhdl.
in that we made small projects and implemented on a xilinx kit
I will surely work on the FPGA kits you mentioned
yes i know that 8085 is not used nowadays,but i am in prefinal year and in final year we will study advanced microprocessors in this we have to make project related 8085 can you suggest we something about that

Thanks a lot
warm regards
Ashish

if you want to learn FPGAs the first learn digital design. once you are good at that, start learning an HDL. then try to build small projects. have fun

if you are going to target xilinx FPGA then download the ISE 8.1i webpack. also download the XST user guide and see the VHDL (or Verilog) support section of the guide.

then see the hundereds of application notes on xilinx.com and try to build a project out of those application notes.

i think that an FPGA based project will be far better than an 8085 based project.

i hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back