Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A (very) little joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioRon

While mis-typing a post, I found a funny word. I define it to mean an incorrect or misleading equation given in answer to a question posted on a forum. The word.... FORUMULA ha ha

Ok, so its not that funny. whatever

Is this supposed to be funny?

Either that or he wants us to make a wikipedia article on his new word... :p

RadioRon said:
While mis-typing a post, I found a funny word. I define it to mean an incorrect or misleading equation given in answer to a question posted on a forum. The word.... FORUMULA ha ha

Ok, so its not that funny. whatever

Maybe it's because I just woke up from a nap, but that made me laugh.

Thanks Ron!

Torben

I read the entire thing like 5 times, until now :D

That's funny, Ron.:D
My favorite wacky definition? (because I came up with it):rolleyes::

Micronesia: A condition wherein you only forget one tiny little thing... :( (Sorry!)

True story:

Many years ago me and my tall assistant were installing video monitoring equipment in a mental rehab. facility. A MH client approached my assistant asking him how tall he was. My assistant replied "I'm six feet, eleven inches." The MH patient responded with "wow, I bet you have to duck your head when you go through doorways or you'd end up with a conclusion."

It took a great amount of self-control for us both not to burst out laughing. Afterall, this facility had some very serial-killer looking clients!!:eek:

HiTech said:
True story:

Many years ago me and my tall assistant were installing video monitoring equipment in a mental rehab. facility. A MH client approached my assistant asking him how tall he was. My assistant replied "I'm six feet, eleven inches." The MH patient responded with "wow, I bet you have to duck your head when you go through doorways or you'd end up with a conclusion."

It took a great amount of self-control for us both not to burst out laughing. Afterall, this facility had some very serial-killer looking clients!!:eek:

i guess i have to be a native english talking persone to get the funny part(s) of this thread!

ikalogic said:
i guess i have to be a native english talking persone to get the funny part(s) of this thread!
To get the humor, you need to know what a concussion (Google) is. Also, see the definition of malapropism.

Optikon said:
:D :D Great words...

I've seen lots of people draw erroneous concussions from Forumulas.

yeah a friend of mine played football in high school and got knocked out, luckily it was only a minor conclusion.

In 1986 I experienced a 5.6 tremor while working at a large hospital. As the building trembled my colleage looked out the window and said "I think an amalance just hit the building!". I replied somewhat jokingly with "what? an amalance?" He then said "yeah you know an amblience". He was serious and not kidding, however my boss and I both broke out in laughter.

A couple of years ago my wife was excited about her trip to a large shopping mall. She exclaimed to me that "they have a Banana Republican here!" (the proper name is Banana Republic and it's an over-priced clothing store).
LOL funny stuff.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back