Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A/V transmitter/reciever Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer

Hi! I'm trying to put together a body-wearable audio/video tx/rx unit. I've been surfing the internet for hours and have emailed retailers asking questions. Right now I'm very confused.

My confussion is from the specs they advertise. I read a spec for one a/v transmitter and then I find another spec from a different retailer of the same item but different transmitting range. :cry: I already have a headache and I've given up on finding out whats right and not.

What I've gathered so far is that a 900 mhz tx is good for mobile signals while a 2.4 ghz isn't but has 10-20% penetration power and suited for stationary units. The higher the mW output has better range. So far, I have chosen this and would like to know if the specs are accurate.

**broken link removed**

or

**broken link removed**

So, as a last effort, I turn to this forum to ask experienced hobbyist. What I want to get is an AV transmitter and receiver that has at least a 1 mile range LOS. The farther the range, the better. I ask advice on which one and where I can purchase it. Price range for tx and rx unit combined preferably below $1000(cheaper the better :lol: )Also, please correct me if I have been misinformed. Thanks in advance.

PS.

I need a colored bullet cam that has >400 line resolution with a varifocal lense.

Transmission over a few hundred feet requires an FCC license. Those units will be very expensive.

I looked at the link, I think 1.2 Ghz is the microwave oven frequency, so yu may not need a license, but could get interference from nearby ovens. Two miles range is if you are on a mountain top, buildings, trees, etc will tend to block the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back