Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a transformer circuit to understand it basic operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

a transformer circuit to understand its basic operations

Hi

Could you please help me with the circuit included in the attachment? I have highlighted the sections which might help you to help me. And, could you please provide a link to a similar circuit online which is more descriptive and clear? I have googled it and couldn't find an exact circuit. Thank you.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• xformer.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 26
  • xformer.jpg
    xformer.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hi.

Any decent wattmeter does have three connectors, as both current and voltage has to be known for power measurement.

The other meter i think is a angle meter (doesn't really know the english term for this) and that too have to meassure both voltage and current to get a reading.

Hi.

Any decent wattmeter does have three connectors, as both current and voltage has to be known for power measurement.

The other meter i think is a angle meter (doesn't really know the english term for this) and that too have to meassure both voltage and current to get a reading.

Thank you, Grossel.

Perhaps, you are referring to a power factor meter?

Regards
PG

The arrow thingy appears to be a power factor meter based on the text.

The W is a Wattmeter and since it needs V and I, both are shown. Ditto for the arrow thing.

The squiggle is labeled a Reactor, possibly a saturable reactor or basically an inductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back