Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A studant in need!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

your mum

Hello! Im a student in need of help!

Is there anyone that can tell me how to effectivly boost the output power of a L293D chip when its in conjunction with a PIC chip. my robot moves like a slug. I know one way is to stack them on top of each other or but i want to see if there are any altenatives.

Thanks

first look how many amps your motor needs to run.

and be shure not to mesure the amps used in free run... try to mesure the real and maximum current your motor needs.

and then see if it stays under 0,6A.
if not then yes you need two (or more) chips stacked or need to construckt a new h-bridge.

HI!

i've added a drawing of an H-bridge that is controlled with any HIGH - LOW output. The 4 little chips (4427) just switches the voltage of the motor depending what the logic output of your Microcontroller is. However this drawing is in the topic : "How to control 9V motor with digital out".

goodluck.

a student.

Thanks for that!! i'll have a go.

But i need to concider other possibilities so does anyone know how to connect a L293D chip up with a ULN2003A chip to boost its power.

nope uln can let less current through it then LM ;) 500mA for ULN and 600mA for LM :D if you put uln between LM and motor it will reduce the power ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back