Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a solution for a bell to continue playing music after releasing switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahime

PLease see the attached circuit. It's a home musical bell circiut. When I hit the microswitch then the bell melody starts to play. The problem is that it doesn't stop playing while there is supply voltage. I want to change the design to fulfill following desires:
1. Only while I hit the switch the supply voltage connects to the circuit.
2. The time switch is hold, I need an additional circiut part that saves voltage to run the music even after releasing the switch. Due to this goal I inserted the capacitor accross the voltage supply. But I didn't get the resualt I expected.
:(
What do u reccomend?:confused:

Last edited:
Your attached schematic isn't attached.

A capacitor begins discharging immediately when its charging is stopped. Its voltage will drop exponentially.
A timer circuit is needed like a 555 timer driving a switching transistor, to keep the voltage high until the timeout occurs, then it switches off the load.

audioguru's advice solves your problem Fahime, plenty of 555 circuits on the net, just wire it as monostable, putting pin 2 to low outputs a high on pin 3 that can be used to drive a switching transistor, upon releasing pin 2 pin 3 is still high which the duration depends on the capacitor connected on the threshold pin 6, the higher the value the longer the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back