Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfhill

All,

Excuse my ignorance, but I am looking for some assistance. We are attempting to use a TTL signal to trigger some data acquisition equipment. The sensor is powered by a 5 VDC source (3 A). When we run the sensor output into an oscilloscope, we see the TTL pulse appear, at the proper 5 V level.

However, when we tee this signal off and connect it to the timing box (this handles the triggering and other tasks), the voltage on the TTL output drops down to 1 V, which is insufficient to trigger the system.

So, my question is, what is it about connecting the TTL line to the timing box that 'draws down' the voltage so much?

Thanks for any tips,
D. hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back