Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A sensor that could locate heat, is something like that exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayvick

Hi,

I have got an idea for security system using a thermo sensor to locate and register how many person in a house. Is there a sensor that could locate and determine how many human heats in an area, or there is other way to do so?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have got an idea for security system using a thermo sensor to locate and register how many person in a house. Is there a sensor that could locate and determine how many human heats in an area, or there is other way to do so?

Thank you.

Another way to do so would be to register all access into and out of the building similar to a subway system.

Seriously though, the thermal thing would be difficult in my opinion. Multiple humans in an area will *eventually* raise the ambient temperature of the room. How long can you wait for an answer? also normal air conditioning etc. will complicate matters.

I think pyroelectric sensors will just determine if there are one or more IR disturbances.. I dont think you can get an accurate count from that.

How about an infra-red CCD array and a whole bunch of signal processing & fuzzy logic to identify and count human/IR presences... likely very difficult as well.

Maybe others have some clever idea's..

Pyroelectric sensors will detect changes in heat (ie. human motion). Thermopiles will measure the absolute temperature. An array of thermopiles would be needed (basically a thermal camera- very VERY expensive) and image processing (even more expensive) to count the number of heat signatures in an image.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the idea and opinion given. It's really help me a lot. I'll do some research on the choices given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back