Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about the power in RC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi

In the RC circuit with a sine voltage source attached below, during the time interval (3.4ms < t < 5ms) where the instantaneous power “absorbed” by the source is equal to the instantaneous power delivered by the capacitor minus the instantaneous power consumed by the resistor (please refer to the diagram attached below). I think that the energy the capacitor delivered was larger than the energy the resistor consumed, so where did the energy “absorbed” by the source go? What does it mean by 'absorbed by the source'?

I used two 1.5V batteries in series to connect reversely with a 1.5V battery, that is, 3V in parallel with 1.5V, but I don't feel warm on the wire. I inserted a little bulb in between, the bulb didn't light. Where did I go wrong?

Thank you!

Attachments

• RC circuit.jpg
    RC circuit.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 133
  • power.jpg
    power.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 171
I used two 1.5V batteries in series to connect reversely with a 1.5V battery, that is, 3V in parallel with 1.5V, but I don't feel warm on the wire. I inserted a little bulb in between, the bulb didn't light. Where did I go wrong?

Thank you!
I don't know. How would a reasonable person go about troubleshooting this apparent contradiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back