Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about Pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imaginary

I'm new to this program, so I have a simple question:

I have created a simple circuit made out of a DC voltage source, and some resistors.
Now, I need to plot the output voltage of the circuit, as a function of one of the resistors - Vo(R).
How do I do that? (and please be as specific as possible, i know very little about this program)

1.Make sure that if you're using OrCad and you are creating a new project that you have selected "Analog or Mixed AD" selection and not schematic.

2. Create your circuit and make sure it has a ground connection.

3. Click on "Pspice" menu "New Simulation Profile" and Type in simulation name.

4. In Analysis Tab of "Simulation Settings" Dialog click on transient (or Time domain) and type in the time length of the simulation and/or steps in which time is executed.

5. Click on "Pspice" menu (or a toolbar if you have it enabled), and Select Markers ->Voltage marker and place it in a ciruit where you want to view voltage.

6. Hit Run or F11 and the probe window will display the graphic

Google has a wealth of information on pspice and pspice help files for basic stuff are also quite good.

Attachments

• simple.gif
    simple.gif
    2 KB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back