Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about nigel's tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jijita

i have a question aboutthe serial communication code
why is it that when you're sending from pc to pic there is no stop bit used and why when you're sending from pic to pc every bit is considered as an entire byte and sent with a start and stop bit
please help

jijita said:
i have a question aboutthe serial communication code
why is it that when you're sending from pc to pic there is no stop bit used and why when you're sending from pic to pc every bit is considered as an entire byte and sent with a start and stop bit
please help

Because the stop bit is simply the default condition of the line, the receive routine includes a 'CALL Bit_Delay' at the end, but there's no need to actually read the bit - it's simply to get past the end of the last data bit.

what about the pic to pc

when you're sending from pic to pc why are you sending each bit as a byte with a start and stop bit?

Re: what about the pic to pc

jijita said:
when you're sending from pic to pc why are you sending each bit as a byte with a start and stop bit?

I don't, each data byte is sent as a byte, preceded by a start bit, and followed by a stop bit, as required for RS232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back