Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_saeed_soliman

Hey Guys,
I am a new member here
My name Is Mohammed Soliman , And I am from Egypt
I wanted to ask about the best way to program PIC microcontrollers , which simulator should I use? which programmer software? and which programmer hardware?
i will be very grateful to you all
I want to know if the PIC 16f84A lasts with you for a long time
i have bought 2 till now , but neither of them survived with me more than 2 weeks
moreover, i hope you can tell me about the best programming language to use " assembly, C++, Basic " and why?
thanks for eveyone in advance

Last edited:
Answers
MPLAB 8.01
PICkit 2 or my Junebug
18f84A will last for ages, you're doing something out of spec with it
Use a 16f628a instead, better part at half the price
If you can get a 16f88 then that chip supports debug.

Hi, to start out, Nigel's software is good, winpicprog.co.uk/ the best assemblers / sims are free from microchip.com (MPLAB Suite)
The 16f84 is outdated and to expensive, I use PIC16f628a. I started with assembly, I love it, would never go for C or BASIC. Read through the Datasheet (Also from microchip), it contains most of the info you will need.

An older tutorial here.

**broken link removed**

Nigel's site also has a tutorial Pic16f628 (Mostly compatible with 16f84).

Just thinking, is Egypt's heat messing with the pic?

;)

Good luck,
William

thanks every one for replying
i have one more question
i used to use a program called "Pic simulator IDE" for Simulation and "IC prog" for programming the PIC
if any one can tell me which is better these programs or Mplab , i would be grateful

If you mean the Oshonsoft simulator, yes it's very good.
As for IC prog, it's a little old and your mileage may vary.
MPLAB is free, download it and take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back