Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A PWM Control Project for Hydrogen Generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelec

Because I have had Many Email requests, I created this circuit for those persons interested in doing this. This is just the Proto board.
A schematic and more info will be posted soon.

Go to: **broken link removed**

When this article is Complete, I will give the Final Proto away to someone, Totally free. Those details will be posted in the article at a later date.

Zach, It Creates a Variable Pulse width and Frequency to a DC Power Source for the purpose of Generating "Browns Gas", which is Hydrogen and Oxygen by Electrolysis.

There are many people out there trying to make cars that run on this gas. Effectively creating a car that runs on Water.

One such device was invented by a Stanley A Meyer. His device is Patented and reportedly his car works. But he died.

Personally, I have my doubts on the subject, but created this circuit to just give a starting point for those that want to play with it.

chemelec said:
Zach, It Creates a Variable Pulse width and Frequency to a DC Power Source for the purpose of Generating "Browns Gas", which is Hydrogen and Oxygen by Electrolysis.

There are many people out there trying to make cars that run on this gas. Effectively creating a car that runs on Water.

One such device was invented by a Stanley A Meyer. His device is Patented and reportedly his car works. But he died.

Personally, I have my doubts on the subject, but created this circuit to just give a starting point for those that want to play with it.

I don't think there's any problems redesigning a car engine to run off hydrogen and oxygen - the problem is in generating it cheaply, it will cost considerably more than conventional fuels do.

Nigel, You right about the motor. But Generating the Volume of Hydrogen to run a motor in a care at Reasonable speeds is quite a feat.

According to documented results, Stanley Meyers did it, Very Cost Effective. It not only ran the car, it generated the power to keep it going indefinately. It claims to run on Just water, Appearently this is quite well documentated.

Stanley acquired about 20 different on his system of hydrogen generation.

Personally I have my Doubts, but Who Knows.

When do you plan to test the theory?

I DON'T, I have better things to do with my Relatively few years left.

But your Welcome to Check out All Stanley Myers Patents, articles and also his Water Car. Just do a Search.
And He is Definately Not the Only one that has worked to resolve this Hydrogen Generation Principal.

Also Think about the Energy Situation. It is Estimated by the Scientists that Within 30 Years there will be No More Oil.

And I Really Do Believe That, But Lucky for me I will Die before than.

However if Mankind is to Survive, There does need to be an Alternative Energy Source and it Better Be CLEANER than our Current ones.

Me: I have done numerous experiments in the past, But at that time there wasn't the current technology and options. Tubes Didn't cut it, But Today This Might be Feasable.

The Schematic for that circuit has now been Posted.

For the Most Part, I have studied this subject considerably and read most of the patent articles. I will also be Presenting an Advance Circuit in the future for those really interested in playing with the idea.
Later, I will present more info as to "What in Theory" is really Needed to accomplish this in an efficient manner.

Enjoy All..........Gary

So that thing there will produce the gas? are you saying that all that theoretically all that needs to be done is redesign the engine and youve got a hydrogen powered car?

chemelec said:
Nigel, You right about the motor. But Generating the Volume of Hydrogen to run a motor in a care at Reasonable speeds is quite a feat.

According to documented results, Stanley Meyers did it, Very Cost Effective. It not only ran the car, it generated the power to keep it going indefinately. It claims to run on Just water, Appearently this is quite well documentated.

Sorry, but I don't believe it! (as I suspect you don't?) - it's yet another 'perpetual motion machine'. As it's supposedly patented, all the details are freely available - yet it doesn't appear that anyone else can dulicate it!.

Looks to me like yet another scam!.

Bah ha ha ha.

Someone call George Noory!
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Another example of humanity's irrepressible optimism. Or gullibility. Me thinks the latter.

j.

Heres a good site on hydrogen production and running a small gas generator on a hydrogen generator. **broken link removed** They have a video of it in action all you need is realplayer.

Actually if you look at the Patents, You will soon find out why no one has duplicated it, YET!

First off the Main Patents doesn't Expire for another Three Years.

Second, the way the Lawyers write up patents today, it is Very Difficult to actually figure out What he Really Built.

Recently I was contacted to try and Reconstruct and build the Electronics for this, based on that it does expires in 3 years.
That a nice Re-development time. But Not an easy task.
I am Still Considering this part of it.

But for anyone that could, it would be worth Much More Fame and Fortune than Bill Gates ever got.

Do I Think it is Possible? Maybe!
I've seen some Pretty Unbelieveable things in my life.
Just Building a Camera so Small it can be inserted through a small Vein. Pretty Exciting. 10 Years Ago, IMPOSSIBLE. Not Today.

As to Perpetual Motion, It does Exist as far as I am concerned. Since in Theory, "Nothing is either Created or Distroyed", The Universe is in Perpetual Motion.

And I would Tend to Disbelieve that.
When you Split an Atom (Atomic Bomb), look at the Energy Released.
Does it Require the Same Energy to put the atom back together?
If you could Capture that in a "Safe Way"...............WOW.

What I Really Do Believe in for something This Big, is Disclosure.
Not Government ownership and Not Another Bill Gates.
Either way the person that did come up with this would Still be Very Rich.

I've seen some Pretty Unbelieveable things in my life.

Did any of them violate the laws of physics?

When you Split an Atom (Atomic Bomb), look at the Energy Released.

But them atoms come big and fat, just ready for us to split. Kind of like oil and trees, just ready to burn. The difference is that hydrogen is not just "floating around" (haha) for us to use. It takes more energy to produce than you can get from burning or fuel cells.

BTW, for all the earth-firsters that think fuel cells are free and clean energy, and break the dependence on fossil fuels: hey, guess what the number one source of hydrogen is. Give up? Hydrocarbons. For those of you in Rio Linda, that means fossil fuels.

Chemelec, I think you're pulling our chain!

j.

chemelec said:
Because I have had Many Email requests, I created this circuit for those persons interested in doing this. This is just the Proto board.
A schematic and more info will be posted soon.

Go to: **broken link removed**

When this article is Complete, I will give the Final Proto away to someone, Totally free. Those details will be posted in the article at a later date.

Chemelec, I think it is a nice PWM circuit. But, you admittedly do not know / plan to test how practical it would be to produce hydrogen & perform electrolysis. My only suggestion would be to remove that whole spin from it because I think users will be dissapointed if they try it.

Doesnt electrolysis involve VERY high currents at low voltages? er is that electroplating? anyhow, if you havnt tested the thing for the applications, I wouldnt advertise it for such an app.

chemelec said:
As to Perpetual Motion, It does Exist as far as I am concerned. Since in Theory, "Nothing is either Created or Distroyed", The Universe is in Perpetual Motion.

/quote]

Not to stir up controversy :) but a few things to consider..

1) Our Universe was created from nothing apparently, the physics are not understood at the very very first moments of creation. This means it is not proper to claim conservation of anything at early early moments in time.

2) If you are referring to energy cannot be created nor destroyed (conservation of energy) then as far as physics knows that is true. But it is also true that the second law of thermodynamics will guarantee that we will eventually never be able to recover the energy in a useful form.

A hypothetical perpetual motion machine that would be running forever, will too eventually succumb to the 2nd law and lose its energy thus becoming not so perpetual after all. Until someone can prove the 2nd law is not true in all cases, perpetual machines are "theoretically" NOT possible.

Optikon:
Chemelec, I think it is a nice PWM circuit. But, you admittedly do not know / plan to test how practical it would be to produce hydrogen & perform electrolysis. My only suggestion would be to remove that whole spin from it because I think users will be dissapointed if they try it.

like I said at the Beginning of this: There are Many guys out there interested in Experimenting with this. There are also MANY Companies Selling Crap at Expensive Prices.

What I am Offering are Reasonable Devices for Producing the Nessary Pulses for doing this. And The cost to build these, is Very Small compared to what those companies are charging for there crap.

Also, it is Not just using Low Voltage. This Pulse unit can Sink Hundreds of Volts at reasonable Amperage ranges, With the right Mosfets.

As to Testing, I am Not Prepared to get "Highly involved in a Commerical unit". But I do have a Relatively Simple Hydrogen Generator, made with Stainless Steel Rods and this Circuit was tested on it.

I will also be posting Advanced devices in the future for Tone Burst type signals as some believe that is more productive.

Anyone wishing to play with the idea is welcome. Anyone Not, Is Also Welcome. No Twisting Arms here.

I do not want to get into supplying Kits for these, but I will sell Circuit Boards at a Very Low Price to anyone that is Interested.

Take care all.......Gary

chemelec said:
Optikon:

like I said at the Beginning of this: There are Many guys out there interested in Experimenting with this. There are also MANY Companies Selling Crap at Expensive Prices.

What I am Offering are Reasonable Devices for Producing the Nessary Pulses for doing this. And The cost to build these, is Very Small compared to what those companies are charging for there crap.

Also, it is Not just using Low Voltage. This Pulse unit can Sink Hundreds of Volts at reasonable Amperage ranges, With the right Mosfets.

As to Testing, I am Not Prepared to get "Highly involved in a Commerical unit". But I do have a Relatively Simple Hydrogen Generator, made with Stainless Steel Rods and this Circuit was tested on it.

I will also be posting Advanced devices in the future for Tone Burst type signals as some believe that is more productive.

Anyone wishing to play with the idea is welcome. Anyone Not, Is Also Welcome. No Twisting Arms here.

I do not want to get into supplying Kits for these, but I will sell Circuit Boards at a Very Low Price to anyone that is Interested.

Take care all.......Gary

there is alot to be said about providing experimenters with a low cost solution.. It does look very interesting.. You might want to consider not bothering to sell any of it however.. there is a small handfull of parts and the PCB design is straightforward - just post your layout or even the gerber files. I've seen this done before saving you the hassle. Looks like you've got your plate full with all those projects you're working on.. :D

Circuit Boards are Not a Hastle for me. I can pop them out pretty Quick.
I Am Posting a Picture of the PCB, But there are a lot of experimenters that Don't or Can't make them.

Additionally, I will be Giving Away This Proto For Totally FREE.
Details will be Posted in the article on my Website, Probably Later Today or Tomorrow.

I do this with Many Projects as I mostly just create them for Others to Enjoy. Electronics or Any Hobby Should be Fun. I'm Having Fun.

Take care.......Gary

i woke up @ 3 in the morn last nite and couldn’t sleep, then I got thinking about perpetual motion (which did not help). Ive com to the conclusion that it IS possible. Think about a satellite orbiting the earth, itll never stop. And think about atoms, with those little things (I forgot wut they are called) orbiting around them . . .
Another thing I thout about was this: say you have an engine. It would need to be started somehow of course, but wut if as the engine is running, ALL of the heat that it produces, is converted back into energy and used to power the engine. Well, that’s my take on the matter
:lol:

i woke up @ 3 in the morn last nite and couldn’t sleep, then I got thinking about perpetual motion (which did not help). Ive com to the conclusion that it IS possible. Think about a satellite orbiting the earth, itll never stop. And think about atoms, with those little things (I forgot wut they are called) orbiting around them . . .
Another thing I thout about was this: say you have an engine. It would need to be started somehow of course, but wut if as the engine is running, ALL of the heat that it produces, is converted back into energy and used to power the engine. Well, that’s my take on the matter

Are you sure you woke up? You're still dreaming. I don't know where to begin telling you what's wrong with your theory.

If you don't know what those "things" orbiting around atoms are, you might be at the wrong forum.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back