Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A puzzle for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor495

Forum Supporter
I just wanna share this puzzle I found it interesting. Hope you enjoy it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine you're in Africa. You've been tied hanging on a tree with a rope anchored on the ground, a candle is slowly burning the rope, and the lion is waiting for you to drop and be his lunch. lionbg.jpg

Your survival hinges on the rope staying intact, there is no one around to help you. Of course, you don't have a mobile phone too :). What to do now................??

I would pee on the rope.:rolleyes:

It's highly improbable that urine would run down the length of rope... instead it would trickle towards your face! Maybe onto the waiting lion and perhaps he would give up at that point? A lion isn't going to walk over and blow out a candle after hearing a birthday song. So, at this point it's time to make peace with your "Maker". Afterall, lions do climb trees! Say hello to St. Peter for the rest of us.

I suppose you could try to convince the lion it was his birthday, get him to sing happy birthday and blow out the candle..:rolleyes:

HiTech.
As they say there's urine and there's urine...:D

Last edited:
I guess even hitting the rope won't make you happy. Hanging upside down you won't even notice when the lion takes his breakfast - you being unconscious.

Hans

Convince the Lion to become a vegetarian

It depends on how far away the candle is from the rope.

If its close enough to burn the rope its also close enough that with a bit of bouncing and physical efforts you can get the rope to sway and gain enough slack to knock the flame out. :)

If its any further away its highly unlikely the rope will ever get hot enough to start burning. Any slight natural air turbulences will be continually pushing too much of the heat away from the rope for it to ever go exactly strait up long enough to get the rope to start on fire. Plus if you can keep the rope swaying and moving it will further reduce the chances that much more.

Its not impossible of course but given that most rope is dense enough that it will need a fairly steady application of heat to get it to burn and stay burning putting the odds strongly in your over all favor.:)
Plus the burning candle flame is continually getting further away any way which is greatly increasing the odds of the rope ever burning with every passing second.
So at that distance just keep wiggling and let the candle burn out and hope that the higher blood pressure in your head doesn't give you a nose bleed that just encourages the lion to try harder.:D

But more importantly someone had to put you there in the first place.
So consider it wise to not piss off the locals who own ropes and candles and have twisted ways of entertaining themselves! :eek:

If you somehow managed to get yourself into that situation by accident without any external assistance that is just survival of the fittest doing its job! :D

The replies are quite funny! :)

OK, as some of you already pointed out the solution for the joke is:

5bbdf17b23.jpg

... instead it would trickle towards your face! Maybe onto the waiting lion and perhaps he would give up at that point?
:D:D

PS: This is not my creation as you already know..

Stepping away from jocularity and facing reality, if one thinks a hungry lion is going to pass up an easy meal due to some urine, you're just...... pissing in the wind.

So after the loin blows out the candle, it's time for cake. Guess who is the "cake"? Anybody got a knife so the lion can cut down/up his cake? :D

Last edited:
The monkey's say it would be absurd he doesn't stand a chance, everyone knows lions are Jehovah Witness. :D

Last edited:
So after the loin blows out the candle, it's time for cake. Guess who is the "cake"? Anybody got a knife so the lion can cut down/up his cake? :D
Me thinks that the loin has a mouth full of rope cutting implements.

Ken

Last edited:
Ken,
I do believe you are correct. The lion is actually doing the man a favor. It would be a longer, more painful, death to simply hang in the hot African sun and die of thirst while some birds peck at your eyes.

Happy Birthday, transistor495!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back