Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A project for Krumlink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krumlink said:
Pretty!

I want the caps :D

Just make sure you give it the tongue test when you power it up mate. The darwin awards are a bit lacking this year :D :D :D :D :D

I think it does other stuff besides crush beer cans. Believe you can shrink coins with it as well. That link on Hack-a-Day had a demonstration unit for $5200, kind of an expensive toy. No wonder college is so expensive...

I've got 16 X 37,000 uF @ 95 VDC capacitors, wonder if that would be enough to crush cans? Each one is slightly larger then a beer can...

HarveyH42 said:
I've got 16 X 37,000 uF @ 95 VDC capacitors, wonder if that would be enough to crush cans? Each one is slightly larger then a beer can...

I bet if you dropped one on a can...

I've seen these before. Check this one out, they've managed to shrink solid aluminum coins with it, and rip aluminum cans into bits using HD platters as short range projectiles. Just hope you don't have any AM radios on in the house at the time, you'll probably burn the receiver out.

https://www.electricstuff.co.uk/destructotron.html

Harvey who knows. If you put those all in series and have a way to charge it to 1.5kvs's or so (pretty easy) you might have a chance, but you'd have to be damn careful, they're not kidding when they say that kind of energy discharge ability can kill instantaniously, at at a kv or so you have to be very careful about insulators and week nearby conductors (like hair) It really depends on the resistance of the load and the impedance such a high current discharge will put the load under. The faster the discharge the better which is why surge generators tend to be very high voltage but relativly low capacitance.

Last edited:
That site hasn't been updated since 2004 which is a shame as it's such a great site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back