Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A PIC Ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterDove

Hi All,

I have finally built myself a very nice constant voltage, constant current power supply based on the L200C chip.

Now what I want to do is using Potentimeters is allow the voltage and current to be adjusted by the user and displayed using LCD numeric display. I have a few books on PIC programming though I havent yet got a programmer to start experiementing. I have read the books though. I will have a PIC programmer arriving soon.

So there is a sample in the book of making a Voltmeter... my question is.. how would the PIC measure the current? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

PeterDove said:
my question is.. how would the PIC measure the current? Anyone got any suggestions?
It can't measure the current directly. If the current flows through a known resistance (fractions of ohm), then you can sense the voltage drop, amplify it and feed it directly to the ADC of your PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back