Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Newcomer (Digital Clock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digimaniac

Hi Guys and Girls,
I am so glad to find such forum on the internet after about 4 days searching so I wish you can help me here.
First , I wannna inform you that I am a Student in The Faculty of Engineering here in Egypt but I have my own works too , So that's my first try to make my first Electronic Device, so forgive my unconscious mistakes in writing this topic.
Now I am trying to make a Digital clock using 555 to make a pulse , 7490 as a counter ,7447 as a BCD Decoder and a 7 segment displays.
Now I managed to make a units of the seconds I mean by the units the 0-9 part and went to make the tens part (0-5) but here is the problem as I can't force the 7490 to work as a 6 decade counter so please inform me on how to do with it and if you got any idea of R91,R92,R01 and R02 please tell me about them As I think that the problem is in joining those pins , Yours Aly

Secceeded

Hi Guys,
I finally managed to make the 74ls90 work as a 6 decade counter (0-5) and if anyone wants to know the way just ask about it and I'll be so glad to answer.
Yours, Digimanic

Re: Secceeded

Digimaniac said:
Hi Guys,
I finally managed to make the 74ls90 work as a 6 decade counter (0-5) and if anyone wants to know the way just ask about it and I'll be so glad to answer.
Yours, Digimanic

A counter that counts from 0 to 5 is not a decade counter. It is a Modulo 6 counter. A decade counter is a Modulo 10 counter.

If you search my posts, you will find some Modulo 6 counters in answer to Alex (johnsoax) See the posts dated Mar 10 and Mar 12.

Len

Last edited:
renren1227 I have just posted a thread with a complete TTL clock schema.

Digimaniac The R0¹ and RO² can be linked together for the normal clock applications same for the R9¹ and R9² terminals.

You leave these separated when a 24 counter without a 7400 is needed. For example: and can be wired by connecting the R0¹ from the hours and ten hours to the Q2 output from the 10 hour decoder.
Then the R0² from the hours and ten hours have to be connected to Q3 from the hour decoder.
The R9¹² can be bonded together to the negative rail.

hi guys.... i'am in the same proyects.. somebody can helpme?? Some people told me that i cant use the house electric line that contains a 60 Hz...
I hope some anwers...thank.. and sorry for may bad english, i'am a spanish talker...

well you can use the 60 Hz house electric line. I hope all u need for your project from the line is DC 5 or 12 Volts

dear aly i am m3tasm from egypt also this digital clock is my project this year i am just starting to search for suitable diagram if u find one please send me
also i will apply it in PCB
please help me

renren1227 I have just posted a thread with a complete TTL clock schema.

Digimaniac The R0¹ and RO² can be linked together for the normal clock applications same for the R9¹ and R9² terminals.

You leave these separated when a 24 counter without a 7400 is needed. For example: and can be wired by connecting the R0¹ from the hours and ten hours to the Q2 output from the 10 hour decoder.
Then the R0² from the hours and ten hours have to be connected to Q3 from the hour decoder.
The R9¹² can be bonded together to the negative rail.

Hi RODALCO

The link does not lead to a thread or am I missing something?:confused:

This is Rodalco's TTL clock, good project with lots of info.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/ttl-clock-with-7447-7490-and-7400-ics.25628/

Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back