Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A new member..Hello and introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davido

Hello to all.

I am a new member that joined because the forum seems to be very active and also considerate towards "newbs" to the field of electronics.

My main interest is audio electronics , including tube (valve) amplifiers.

I have a dedicated electronics workbench with a fair amount of test/measure equipment, hand tools, components, etc. I'm also fortunate to live within easy driving distance of several components suppliers.

Looking forward to being part of the forum.

Cheers

Dave

Welcome Dave,
Hope you enjoy the Forum.

Thanks Eric.

I lived in the Isleworth/Richmond area for about 3 years in the early '70's. I was studying physiotherapy.

Cheers

Dave

Welcome Dave.

The forum is definitely active. There are a large number of members quite experienced in a variety of fields, and only too willing to help.

You'll likely find that many Google electronics searches will return hits that bring you right back here....

Enjoy.

Hi Dave,

also welcome from across the ocean (atlantic)

Regards

Boncuk

Hello from the southern shore of Lake Erie. We'll get along fine if you can manage to keep the cold and snow up in your area! I don't need the "lake effect" snows! Audio Guru is a forum member residing somewhere in Ontario, I believe.

I attend hockey games and have seen teams from Kitchener, Guelph, and Brampton playing on the ice.

Say hello to Red Green and the boys at Possum Lodge for me!

Last edited:
Hello from South Africa!!

I try and help where I can on the CRT TV side. Shared knowledge is great for all....
Flipping hard to explain all though when what you got is based mostly on experience. And gut feeling.

I have all the Electronic theory behind me....TV's are different though. They constantly throw a curved ball at you.

That's why fixing TV's is so rewarding to me.

Welcome to ETO

Last edited:
... fixing TV's is so rewarding to me.
Fix televisions? Is that done anymore these days? Once CRT's are phased out completely, the only thing to fix "might" be the power supply board on a flat panel ... everything else is LSI and SMT circuitry. I hope you don't plan to make a long-term living by repairing televisions! I'd be selling hand-whittled walking sticks on some street corner before supporting my family through television repairing. ;)

Perhaps CRT TV's are more common in SA?

Davido. Because I'm always curious, what's the draw to tube amps for you?

Hello from the southern shore of Lake Erie. We'll get along fine if you can manage to keep the cold and snow up in your area! I don't need the "lake effect" snows! Audio Guru is a forum member residing somewhere in Ontario, I believe.

I attend hockey games and have seen teams from Kitchener, Guelph, and Brampton playing on the ice.

Say hello to Red Green and the boys at Possum Lodge for me!

I'll send some snow your way...how about mid August or so....LOL

For sure...this area is big on hockey.

cheers

Dave

I have a couple bins of tubes. Let me know if you need anything in particular. Not many power tubes though mostly the smaller guys.

Attachments

• tubes.jpg
    tubes.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 275
I have a couple bins of tubes. Let me know if you need anything in particular. Not many power tubes though mostly the smaller guys.

Thanks for the offer Mikebits, but I don't have a tester to check them on.

If you could get them tested, they would be a popular item to sell on various tube amp building sites/forums....especially if they are NOS.
Let me know if you want me to help you pursue this concept. They certainly can be worth quite a bit...depending on what you have, etc.

Cheers

Dave

Fix televisions? Is that done anymore these days? Once CRT's are phased out completely, the only thing to fix "might" be the power supply board on a flat panel ... everything else is LSI and SMT circuitry. I hope you don't plan to make a long-term living by repairing televisions! I'd be selling hand-whittled walking sticks on some street corner before supporting my family through television repairing. ;)

Yup. Here in Aaafrica owning LCD and/or Plasma TV's is out of financial reach for most Citizens. We do a roaring trade with CRT repairs.

I have been repairing CRT sets for around 20 years. And business is as strong as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back