Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A new face..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyRocketeer

Howdy..

I staggered across this forum whilst researching programmable micro-controllers that I'm considering using in a project, and figured a fairly lively and well populated forum like this will probably prove useful in my quest to improve my electronics understanding.

My main vice is a 17 year old VW that I'm in the process of rebuilding/redesigning, amongst other things it has an megasquirt efi system that sent me down the path of homebrew electronics. I've proved myself fairly competent at building and testing a circuit designed by others, I now aim to design, build and program my own controllers for other automotive functions.

Anyway, hi all, I'm off to read some faq's an play with your search facility..

Welcome. What sort of things are you thinking of building for your VW?

Mike.

Cheers!

As I mentioned it's already got a megasquirt ECU built and tested for it, but I'm wanting to build a controller for the electric windows and sunroof to give one-touch and total closure functionality. The stock VW wiring is pretty primitive, and while functional, does the barest minimum. It'd be nice to achieve a modern level of specifications on a classic (or near classic) car.

I'm also considering controllers for the interior lighting, central locking and maybe more depending on my success with the first projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back