Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Loose Point is a Hot point??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenewton

hi everybody , hope all willbe enjoying best of health and luck.
I wish to know that

WHY IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ,ITS CALLED THAT A LOOSE POINT IS A HOT POINT.
PLZ ANY BODY CAN EXPLAIN THIS
REGARDS

A loose connection between wires causes a resistance that makes heat when high current flows through the connection.

I worked in a big building that was being constructed. The inspector took an IR photo of the electrical panel to see if anything was hot due to a loose connection.

Thermal cameras are really cool, I would love to get my hands on one to play with, it's amazing what you can learn with them.

Thanks but i need more detailed answer plzz

Hi audioguru Thanks for replying . u said loose connection between wires causes a resistance that makes heat when high current flows through the connection.but i want to know that y it hapens when current flows from here
do u know its logical reason.
Regards

thenewton said:
Hi audioguru Thanks for replying . u said loose connection between wires causes a resistance that makes heat when high current flows through the connection.but i want to know that y it hapens when current flows from here
do u know its logical reason.
Regards

When connections are loose it means there is less contact between conducting surfaces so there is less area for the current to travel through and more resistance. When current flows through a resistance it produces heat...is that what you mean? You might want to reword your question again so maybe it is a bit more clear.

the term "hot" could also be referring to a live wire. If there are exposed wires that are tied to the mains, then they can be considered "hot" which basically means don't touch them or you'll get burned/cooked/fried.

in home wiring (at least here in the states), the "hot" wire for a 120V run would be the black wire while the white wire is neutral.

Sceadwian said:
Thermal cameras are really cool, I would love to get my hands on one to play with, it's amazing what you can learn with them.
off topic again, but this SNL clip (which, btw, is pretty funny) shows another use for the IR camera...

**broken link removed**

Sony video cameras were advertised as having "night vision". People noticed that they could see through bathing suits at the beach. Then Sony made them with an IR blocking filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back