Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A little request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sockles

Hope this is the right thread. But I'm trying to make a circuit for a friends' car.

I'm not sure how to put this all in one so I'll just throw it all out there.
My friend got halo lights for his camaro (blue lights around the headlamps) He wants the halo lights to be on when he turns on the parking lights BUT, he wants the halo lights to override the parking lights when he turns on his turn signal.
So basically
- Parking lights are on- Halo lights are solid on
- Parking lights are on ALONG with blinking turn signal - Halo lights blinks w/ turn signal.

I have to call my self a noob one this although I would think this would be pretty easy.
The only way I know is to program a PIC. I do also have a couple AND and NOT gates available.

Anyone want to help? Thanks

Blue blinking lights on a car. Does he happen to be a policeman or a member of a volunteer fire department? If not, local law enforcement will likely take issue with a setup like that. Just sayin'.

The other day I was gettng gas and the guy next to me had blue undercarriage lights on his car. They were cool, but when he pulled out of the lot, he was immediately pulled over and ticketed. Altering your auto's lights always carries a risk.

Then you guys really don't want to see my car.... I just do what the customer wants, as long as they sign a waiver acknowledging that its their responsibility what they do the second they pull out of my shop.

Here's the logic to control the Halo lights. It requires one 4011 and one 4023 CMOS chips.

Edit: For both left and right signals it would require two 4011's and one 4023 chips.

Halo Light Logic.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back