Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A little Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

I need a circuit for a bent wire game...Any help would be great. Please mail any info to me:- Robmiah@Gmail.com

It's for GCSE..So I need evidence of a circuit. But that's was my main idea anway's ;) Any more?

Nigel Goodwin said:
Robbie said:
I need a circuit for a bent wire game...Any help would be great. Please mail any info to me:- Robmiah@Gmail.com

A piece of bent wire, a handheld loop, a battery, and a buzzer, bell or lamp - it's hardly rocket science?.

You can add extra facilities, but that's basically it!.

Nigel forgot to mention that all of the components described above must be connected in series. That is, connect the components in such a way, that you form a huge loop. And because (I think) you are very new, use a LAMP as your light source because you dont have to worry about which end goes to -ve or +ve.

Bent wire game ?

OK Robbie, this is my understanding...
At it's simplest the game is to navigate a loop of wire along a "bent Wire" track,
if the loop ever touches the track then some form of alarm is raised.
In this circuit it is a light bulb, a buzzer might be better as it can't be argued about as much ... "You touched the track- I saw the light" -- "No you never - I didn't touch it"

This is the simplest circuit I can think of - what GCSE subject is it for? if it's some technology then I think you will have to 'beef it up' a bit - maybe add a latch so that if the loop ever touches the course wire the fact is 'memorised' until reset for the next attempt at the game.

Attachments

• bent-wire_game.gif
    bent-wire_game.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 474
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back