Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Level project help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics1

Im new to electronics and not that great. I need to make and design a project for school.

My basic idea is a microphone wich senses snoring(sound) and then triggers a switch to set an alarm off. I dont really know where to start and im not too sure even how to make a microphone work.

Any help wold be greatly appreciated

Cheers

A microphone will pickup many sounds from jet airplanes, trucks and motorcycles. Also from thunder storms. They will trigger your alarm.
An inexpensive electret microphone and a preamplifier for it can trigger an alarm circuit.

Can you design the circuits?

if you're only talking about snoring, a complex signal processing is needed using software. I've never heard of 'snore detecting IC', but if you're new a mastery of basic projects will bring you to it eventually. Interfacing electronics, amplifiers, programming and voila! you know that it takes much more than a few posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back