Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A hook up with a 7809A

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisvdb

Hey everyone,

I need some advice on a small project I have going on. I bought one of those 7" DVD players that runs on 9VDC @ 1.4 amps. I would like to hook it up to one of our electric golf carts at work, i have access to quite a few electronic components there and was hoping to find a 9V zener, but my best bet has been a 7809A voltage regulator. Is there anything special I need to do to make this work?

You need to have a nice heatsink for the regulator.How much Power can the regulator handle (in W)?

The 7809 can handle only 1A. Buy LM317, it's variable and output capability is 1,5A. The heatsink size depend from input voltage. If the input voltage higher as 12V, i recommend a simple buck regulator.

Buy one of those relulators whith an fixed voltege.Buy one one of those that can handle 3 A and an 5 °C/W (3 °C/W wod be good) heatsink

I would Suggest an LM350.
Its a 3 Amp Rating, Much better for a safety Margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back