Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A great ICD2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtonsena

Hi all!

I have an original ICD2 from Microchip. I have been working with it perfectly during two years. Last day I was programming a microcontroller and then I decided to go to my beth. That night all worked perfectly. Next day I connected my ICD2 again but i had this error.

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

I have tested ICD2 in other computers but I have the same error always. I have had a look of my ICD2 but all seems work correctly and when i connect ICD2 to a computer, ICD2 is recognised by the computer and drivers are installed perfectly so I don't know what is the problem. I use usb connection but i never have had problems with USB and my ICD2, someone can help me please? i believe ICD2 has lost some internal configurations and I'm sure the problem is software.

My mail is victor.gutierrez.mayo@gmail.com but i will check this foro every day.
Thanks.

Victor.

It is possible you lost the PIC code on the ICD2 and it is not responding to MPLABS. Search and see if someone has the code and instruction to re-flash it. You might need a second ICD2 ro to make a cheap PIC programmer.

I had this happen once, had to solder a berg strip on it and re-flash it. I was lucking I have a spares so I could flash the dead one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back