Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A good/bad crystal tester that works on a breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelwolf

So I was trying to build a crystal tester on a breadboard. Most difficult project ever so far.
There are tons of plans out there, most of them don't work.
I've never ruined so many components in one sitting, including my little home brew variable power supply. By trial and error I finally found one that works, only needs 5v and even uses standard resistor values....
**broken link removed**

I substituted 2N2222 for Q1 and Q2., and 1N4148 for D1 and D2.

I'd give the author kudos directly, but comments are disabled on his blog.

From his site:

I hope you've enjoyed reading this guide. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment, or contact me:

email.png

atferrari - my point was more to give the author a public kudo for a design that works, uses stock components, and is tolerant of BBs.
Nigel - I figured out that much when my first attempt sort of worked, depending on where the jumpers wire where, so I just tried different variants until I found one that was BB tolerant.

Hi,

What frequency range you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back