Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Gentle Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always used tracing paper and found it superiour to transparencies so this makes no difference to me.

Am I the only person who has tried this?

I've always used tracing paper and found it superiour to transparencies so this makes no difference to me.

Yes, I've used tracing paper too. It worked fine for me, although I needed to use a longer exposure time.

Mike

I imagine that that's probably true but I didn't really notice a large difference.

The thing I like about tracing paper is that it doesn't matter if the toner isn't that thick and you can it's easier to shade in the missing parts with a fine pencil, than it is to colour a transparency with a permanent marker.

I've used tracing paper and vellum and have fouind the toner just not dense enough to provide the contrast for good, consistent results. I've also used vellum as a "release" agent for the "toner as the resist" method and have even used tracing paper for that method with no mechanical lifting of the paper (disolving the paper away with suphuric acid). But, do note that not all brands of tracing paper are the same. Some are akin to vellum and others more like very thin paper.

But, even with the paper, it surely wouldn't hurt to beef up the density of the layout by overlaying the foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back