Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a GCSE project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

a friend of mine's younger brother is taking an electronics module for GCSE's

He has to make a simple adding game adding upto as 7+7

Originally I thought abt using a 4bit adder chip 74HCT283.

I also thoguht abt a good old OPAMP cct.

Both approaches are fesable and my mates bother is comforable with how I explaned their operation. BUT how to display the answer

I thought abt using a POT to increase the input voltages and then using 10LED's to indicate (in a BAR like fassion) the input voltage and a similar thing for the output

However, without going too complex (or expensive 15Euro buget - they are in Ireland)

what would be the best way to display the figure. I would just use a DVM BUT I think it needs to be boxed up

ive seen some REAAALY smal multimeters. you could probly even find a DVM that is only a DVM, not an ohmeter, current, etc. it would probably be even smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back