Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A function generator base on LM324

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junker_eu

As attached circuit,this is a triangle wave form generator.Do you know how the circuit working and generate the wave form?And how to calculate the frequency of it?Please tell me some theory of it.

Last edited:
Upload the circuit again.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,460
The circuit is not a "normal" triangle/square-wave generator. It is more complicated and might not work.

The lousy old LM324 quad opamp works only at low frequencies.

This is a normal circuit:

Attachments

• triangle wave oscillator.PNG
    triangle wave oscillator.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 15,396
Junker_eu, your circuit looks like it has errors. Try a circuit like **broken link removed** instead.
EDIT: I see AG has already replied.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that it works and generate a smooth triangle wave of ~40HZ.It has used in one of my projects.

Last edited:
It looks like you are using the current limiting function of U1-B to charge/discharge the two 22uF caps at a set rate. Unconventional to say the least. What kind of a waveform do you get on pin 7 of the LM324?

The wave form from pin7 is like this (as attached image).It seems almost is DC 0 Volt.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 858
I simulated it. It oscillates, but it is not a function generator. Use the circuit that kchriste linked to.

Hi,Roff

May be I don't know what can be called a function generate.But that isn't important for me.As you simulate,it oscillate,can you tell me how can it oscillate and how to change the frequency of it?

Last edited:
Hi,Roff

May be I don't know what can be called a function generate.But that isn't important for me.As you simulate,it oscillate,can you tell me how can it oscillate and how to change the frequency of it?
Why can't you use the circuit kchriste linked to? I don't want to waste my time fooling with a junk circuit.

You say the circuit is a junk because that you don't understand it at all.
You're right. I don't understand it. I know that you don't understand it either. I doubt that anyone here does. It obviously wasn't designed by a competent circuit designer. Why don't you use a circuit that provides predictable results, and better waveforms?

It is "junk" because it's behavior is undefined. ie: It won't work the same with different OpAmps.
It also uses more parts than the circuits that AudioGuru and I posted.

AG's circuit uses 3 resistors, one capacitor and two OpAmp sections.
Your circuit uses 5 resistors, 4 capacitors, a diode and two OpAmp sections for a total of 6 additional components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back