Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a free circuit design and simulation software please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to jump in and make a quick note that LTSpice and SwitcherCad are the same program. :) Linear provides it for free along with a ton of their power supply IC models, and even a whole pile of ready-to-go schematic jigs. I've never actually used it to design a switching power supply but I've done a couple of linear supplies using it. It's also constantly updated and new models are added all the time.

Torben

Torben said:
Just to jump in and make a quick note that LTSpice and SwitcherCad are the same program. :) Linear provides it for free along with a ton of their power supply IC models, and even a whole pile of ready-to-go schematic jigs. I've never actually used it to design a switching power supply but I've done a couple of linear supplies using it. It's also constantly updated and new models are added all the time.

Torben
Also, you can add models from other vendors, create new symbols, etc.

Roff said:
Also, you can add models from other vendors, create new symbols, etc.

Yeah, and even make your own models if you can get a grip on the various parameters. I haven't gotten that far yet but luckily I haven't needed to.

I keep finding other things you can do with it, such as frequency responses, THD analysis, adding formulaic traces to the plot panes, plot power by Alt-clicking a component, plot temperature if the model supports it, and so on.

At first glance it looks like a really simple little program but I've found over time that it is capable of far more than I am (yet).

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back