Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A For Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHELLIE

Hi, I love this forum, and I am Learning alot and refreshing my High school electronics :) LOL
Lots of Super Nice and Helpful People here Too :)

Here is My Question, do you think it would be nice to have a for sale thread here on Electro Tech, so people can sell their used test equipment or what ever they have to sell, with a feed back on the seller so people will feel comfortable with someone with Great feed back, something like E Bay :) Just My 2 cents worth, Take care, Chellie

Last edited:
Wavoo...that's a great idea...:)

For sale/Items in need :- two categories I suggest.

Btw, what are the thingies you've got for sale, Chellie? :)

Wavoo...that's a great idea...:)

For sale/Items in need :- two categories I suggest.

Btw, what are the thingies you've got for sale, Chellie? :)

Hi Transistor :) I have a Used Textronic 2215 60Mhz Oscilloscope, A friend lent it to me, then he moved away, i called him to send it back to him, but he said keep it :) I never used it, its missing one lead, i think the ground lead, I have the manual and the stand on wheels for it, Make me an offer :) I never used it, he said it works, Sooo Thats where thats at :) LOL, I cant post a pic, but this link shows one like it, Take care, Chellie

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...+2215+oscilloscope&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbs=isch:1

Last edited:
Why not just use Ebay, or one of the other similar sites? Is pretty easy to catch and remove spam now, but think it would just open the door, and let the flood come pouring in. Could you imagine having to thread through dozens of Spam ads, to find something offered by a real member, and not a spambot. I don't know if members have a filter option, to exclude forums of no interest, when the click the 'New Posts' button, but got a hunch it could dilute the content I'm interested in. The system we have now, seems to work okay. You ask permission, then post your items, the details are handle through private messages.

This topic makes me wonder though, does this site make any money, or is it just a money hole supported by ElectroMaster and the few contributors? If you want to do for sale stuff cheap or what not I'd recommend something like Craigs list that lets you do it locally. To do it ON this actual site would require new software moderators and tons of other headaches like the spamming possibilities Harvey pointed out.

Hi, I love this forum, and I am Learning alot and refreshing my High school electronics :) LOL
Lots of Super Nice and Helpful People here Too :)

Here is My Question, do you think it would be nice to have a for sale thread here on Electro Tech, so people can sell their used test equipment or what ever they have to sell, with a feed back on the seller so people will feel comfortable with someone with Great feed back, something like E Bay :) Just My 2 cents worth, Take care, Chellie

Hi there Chellie,

First off, it's nice to meet a lady who is interested in electronics too, very rare i have found.

Second, i like the idea of selling too, but not sure of the complexities this would bring like Scead was talking about. I guess you'd have to talk to the owner of the site and see what they have to say about it. If you do, please let us know.

I look forward to perhaps discussing some interesting circuits with you in the future.

Are you the same Chellie off Wattflyer that makes and flies foamies?

It's a bit like selling RC stuff actually...the stuff you want to sell is often REALLY specific and you get almost no bids for it on Ebay unless it's mainstream. I do understand why Ebay or Craiglist would not be the best place. YOu almost want a gathering of people with the same interest because it's hard enough to sell some stuff even in that scenario.

An oscilloscope is one of those items that you can sell on Ebay however. My main problem it's so darn big and I hate shipping or receiving stuff like that.

Last edited:
I'm actually all for a 'trade' forum. Primarily components, probably smaller ones where the shipping isn't overly expensive. I'd like to see people that have excess of some components that might want to get rid of them or swap them even for other components(in the US at least) for sending in an envelope. But I wonder what the market really is. The major portion of electronics as a hobby for me is collecting things that I pull out of old electronics gear.

Are you the same Chellie off Wattflyer that makes and flies foamies?

It's a bit like selling RC stuff actually...the stuff you want to sell is often REALLY specific and you get almost no bids for it on Ebay unless it's mainstream. I do understand why Ebay or Craiglist would not be the best place. YOu almost want a gathering of people with the same interest because it's hard enough to sell some stuff even in that scenario.

An oscilloscope is one of those items that you can sell on Ebay however. My main problem it's so darn big and I hate shipping or receiving stuff like that.

YES, ITS ME :) Hi dknguyen :) I came over here to learn how to use AC to DC with a bridge rectifier to run my Hyd Generators, I have seen it done, but no one to my knowlage sells a system like that, Thats reasonable :) and i am learning how to make one, I have learned a lot already, that a bridge rectifier will bump 120 to 170 volts, i did not know that :) and a half wave rectifier will give about half that voltage, I am just looking for ways to improve hyd generation with higher voltages, and use a 12v to 120 v converter in a vehicle with a device to produce higher dc voltage, to maybe make more Gas :) Take care and have fun, Chellie

Last edited:
Why not just use Ebay, or one of the other similar sites? Is pretty easy to catch and remove spam now, but think it would just open the door, and let the flood come pouring in. Could you imagine having to thread through dozens of Spam ads, to find something offered by a real member, and not a spambot. I don't know if members have a filter option, to exclude forums of no interest, when the click the 'New Posts' button, but got a hunch it could dilute the content I'm interested in. The system we have now, seems to work okay. You ask permission, then post your items, the details are handle through private messages.

Hi Harvey :) I could do that too :) I was just thinking about giving the people here on Electro Tech the first chance to get it, before it goes to Ebay if no one is interested in what is for sale

Hi there Chellie,

First off, it's nice to meet a lady who is interested in electronics too, very rare i have found.

Second, i like the idea of selling too, but not sure of the complexities this would bring like Scead was talking about. I guess you'd have to talk to the owner of the site and see what they have to say about it. If you do, please let us know.

I look forward to perhaps discussing some interesting circuits with you in the future.

Hi AL :) yes not to many Gals are into Electronics :) I like it :) I took Electronics in High School, that was fun, and Mechanical Drafting, we built some crystal radios with 3 tubes, ok i am showing my age now :) we made some amps, I made a Radar Detector from a radio shack kit, it worked, I stopped getting tickets :) LOL and have made other things, I cant remember them all, Take care, Chellie

As far as shipping goes. For peeps in the US this is a great deal.
**broken link removed**

I am an active member on another forum ad we have a VERY busy and successful Buy, Sell, Wanted to Buy, Trade part of the forum. Most of the activity is within Canada, but not all.

Here is a link so you can take a look:

**broken link removed**

cheers

Dave

Last edited:
Will the Buy/Sell/Trade forum be restricted to electronics related items, or like a neighborhood garage sale? Can only imagine that it would be flooded with everything imaginable, ads for Ebay auctions, and Chinese knockoffs. We've had people, sell, trade, or just give away stuff before occasionally, didn't seem to disrupt anything. It's easier to spot a business advertisement now, but a separate forum for doing business will be tough to moderate.

It would obviously need to be heavily moderated. But a dedicated forum that WAS hevily moderated might get more people that had stuff to talk to more people that wanted stuff.

It would obviously need to be heavily moderated.

Sceadwian, in my opinion that's a bit exaggerating the things what'll actually be. I would expect a spam post once in a week or two.

But obviously the 'Sale' forum will be quiet most of the time, so chance out there spam threads overtake the actual threads :D

I was just thinking about giving the people here on Electro Tech the first chance to get it, before it goes to Ebay if no one is interested in what is for sale
Fair point. I was thinking the same. At least the members can exchange some antique electronics or anything valuable on the platform of the friendship here:) , why can't try it out for a period of couple of months! if it doesn't work out then remove that's all.

Sceadwian, in my opinion that's a bit exaggerating the things what'll actually be. I would expect a spam post once in a week or two.

I'm amazed how you could have an opinion on that? :D, as you never see any but a tiny percentage of the spam posted here, as the moderators usually remove it very promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back