Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

erosennin

Hi everyone,

Just a few forum related questions.
Under the username on the left hand side what are those green squares? I have seen some people with a few green ones and a some with red ones?
Is it proportional to the number of posts you make?

Also, would it be possible to implement images in signatures or am I doing something wrong? As I can't get mine to work.

Thanks,
David.

The squares are supposed to represent positive vs negative feedback from other users, but it's so little used it's pointless. The number of posts from a user can be clearly seen bellow their location, also a relatively pointless numeric. I don't believe graphic signatures are supported, it's too easy for nefarious users or non-users to spam unwanted advertisement or inappropriate material using them.

One thing the green squares are useful for is finding the geniuses (genii? geni?) like audioguru.

I am not a genius. Call me "very superior" instead. Hee, hee.
I am retired old geezer with lots of time to fool around on all these electronics chat forums.

(Although my son asked me to do an IQ test (the Tickle classic) yesterday. I scored 133 the same as he said he got. We are called Very Superior.)

audioguru said:
I am not a genius. Call me "very superior" instead. Hee, hee.

According to the forum your a glorious beacon of light:D

OK. I am a Very Superior glorious beacon of light.

I have LED lights all over my place. Fading mood lights, flashing chasers, flashing LEDs that tell me when to water plants, flashing flashlights and many solar garden lights.

audioguru said:
OK. I am a Very Superior glorious beacon of light.

I have LED lights all over my place. Fading mood lights, flashing chasers, flashing LEDs that tell me when to water plants, flashing flashlights and many solar garden lights.

Sounds very tasteful! :p

Canada became an independent country, completely separate from The United Kingdom in 1982.
The Queen's picture is still printed on some of our money and maybe on some of our postage stamps.

I visited Britain twice. I never drink tea.
I am a Canadian, not close the the British Crown.

audioguru said:
I am a Canadian, not close the the British Crown.
Sad part is, if the weather doesn't become colder, our igloo-houses might melt :(.

Then we'll have nothing left that defines us as 'Canadians'.
ZOMG!!!!!!

Ottawa in Canada is a lot colder than Toronto.
Here it is near the end of November and the weather has been mostly above freezing. A little frost on a few mornings. Today I was in the yard in a shirt without a coat.
We are supposed to be getting the first snow this season the day after tomorrow. Maybe we will have snow and maybe we won't.

People in Vancouver (Hongcouver now) are also Canadians. There it hardly ever snows and nobody has seen an igloo.

Last edited:
audioguru said:
Canada became an independent country, completely separate from The United Kingdom in 1982....
Are you sure about that??? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_monarchy
The Canadian monarchy is a system of government in which a hereditary monarch is the sovereign of Canada, holding the position of head of state; the incumbent is Elizabeth II, officially called Queen of Canada (French: Reine du Canada), who has reigned since February 6, 1952. The heir apparent is Elizabeth's eldest son, Prince Charles... Most of the Queen's powers in Canada are exercised by the Governor General, presently Michaëlle Jean, though the monarch does hold several powers that are hers alone. The Governor General, who maintains direct contact with the monarch,[3] is sometimes referred to as Canada's de facto head of state.[4]
My my SO has a friend who is a MP in the Manitoba legislature. The two of them spend a bit of time comparing notes on the merits of their respective forms of government. If it were not for that I would not have a clue.

Maybe Wikipedia is wrong about the 1982 date that The Queen gave Canada freedom from Britain. Ask a school kid who should know.
I was here and it didn't affect me at all.

audioguru said:
Maybe Wikipedia is wrong about the 1982 date that The Queen gave Canada freedom from Britain. Ask a school kid who should know.
I was here and it didn't affect me at all.

Don't worry, If the Queen wants nothing to do with Canada then I'm sure the good old USA will take you under it's wing :p

Just wish you made better beer ;)

Lefty

Canadian beer is strong.
American beer is watered down.
I don't know if The Queen drinks beer.

LOL.....

I went from one to two green boxes.

EDIT:
Maybe Wikipedia is wrong about the 1982 date that The Queen gave Canada freedom from Britain.
Or not. Could be that you goverment only wants you to think what you are thinking...
And according to Wikipedia you are not yet totaly free.

though the monarch does hold several powers that are hers alone.

Last edited:
The Queen doen't have any power anymore in Canada. She is a relic of ages gone by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back