Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A few questions about a XOR logic gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the problems :D. I appreciate that :D but there is something missing from that schematic, i know. And i just talked to my grandfather about the thing that was missing from this circuit, so i will be redrwaing the circuit a little because i just learned a new thing ^^. Oh btw, that what i wan't to do is, that if the D1 photodiode goes blind, then the gate will output a high, so the transistor will trigger, but there is that problem, that if the D1 will see the light again, then the output of the logic will be low but i need the transistor to still be triggered. and for the second part of the schematic, the switch is allways on...
Oh and that thyristor is not the one on the picture, i just put it because of the symbol. the thyristors type is T122-25-12-4 (25 A, 1200V) I will be trying to make it a little more understandable. Oh and for the amplifiers for the photodiodes, maybe yeah maybe no, i'll see it when i will be experimenting with those photodiodes on a test board. Oh And not all my parts are old -.- just the thyristors, and maybe the photodiodes, i may be replaceing them with some new ones.

To Roff: Don't worry, you just shoot everything at me you have :D. I can manage.

Oh and i just wan't to do it with that logic gate because, i just wanna do it like that. Usually when i think on something, i make it, even if there is a faster/better/more simple way to do it.

EDIT: PE should be like ground, i put it for the symbol, i know that symbol a little more -.-. I will be tidying that schematic later so yeah i may be going to use the GND the program has.

Ok, this is my new scheme :D. First. The S1 switch is allways on, if i press it it will go off. So the logic will give high. Then the Q1 will trigger and that will trigger the T4 transistor, so that should power the Q1 transistor to stay triggered. When the PD1 will not see the light for a maybe tenth of a second, will T5 (the transistor next to the T4, T5 is messed with the IC's type) transistor "kill" the T4 transistor so the Q1 will not be triggered anymore. I hope you understand.
Oh and i can not attach any pics :/

**broken link removed**

Jaxx14, forget the TTL logic gate. You can't get enough current from the photodiode unless you illuminate it with a carbon arc lamp. A CMOS gate would work, but you don't need it.
I tried to design a circuit for you, but I realized that I don't have enough information. We need to know the inductance and resistance of your coil the value of your capacitor, and the voltage you want to charge it to. And maybe some other stuff.
Go to learn how to attach files.

Last edited:
The photo-diodes are a forward-biased diode all the time. So they don't do anything.

Attachments

• 7486.PNG
    7486.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 136
The photodiodes allways see the light, but when something goes by from it then it will not see any light cauise the object is in between the light source and photodiode. actualy.

EDIT: I know very little of the transistors so sry if there is some pointless things around the transistors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back